It is a proven fact.
Independent front and rear suspension systems provide superior ride and handling capabilities that are not available in straight axle style suspensions. That is why most modern late model cars and SUVs come equipped with independent suspension systems.
Not long ago IRS suspensions installed in early Hot Rods and Classic Trucks were reserved mostly for expensive “High End” exotic builds which were out of the reach of most. But today with the abundance of reasonably priced C4 Corvette components, there is no reason that the superior design and advanced handling and ride qualities provided by the Corvette suspension cannot be enjoyed by all. Not to mention the advantage that it just looks “Cool”. The all aluminum Corvette rear components can be Polished, Powder Coated or Painted to suit individual taste and add the detail that sets off an early Hot Rod Or Classic Truck.
Each Flat Out Engineering installation kit is designed to fit the specific frame of your vehicle and will provide the correct geometry, handling and anti-dive as it is on C4 Corvettes. Additionally, the kits retain the newer and stronger Corvette hub bearing and brake assemblies, making your vehicle an updated classic that will perform as good as it looks.
All kits are designed for use with coil-over shocks to ensure excellent ride quality. Aldan coil-over shocks are available for all applications.
This kit is designed to install a customer supplied 84-87 C4 Corvette Independent Rear Suspension in your early Chevy or GMC truck. This kit retains all stock Corvette suspension geometry for unrivaled ride and handling.
All Flat Out Engineering Products are proudly Made In The USA using the finest quality materials and workmanship.
- Designed to fit your stock frame specifically for ease of installation.
- Unlike many other styles of IRS Kits, the Corvette suspension is ideal for the weight of your truck.
- The C4 Corvette rear suspension is extremely strong in either the Dana 36 or Dana 44 style rears. Both were designed to handle the torque and horsepower demands imposed by a High Performance Corvette.
- We would be happy to advise you which rear style is the best for your individual needs.
- Our kit eliminates the stock Corvette rear spring to provide improved ride and cornering ability.
- Quality Adjustable Aldan Coil Over Shocks are available in a variety of spring rates for use with our kits. They are offered in Billet Aluminum Shocks with Black Powder Coated Springs, or Polished and Chrome varieties.
All kits include two rear crossmembers with the rear end mounting brackets already welded in place for ease of installation, rear frame boxing plates, upper and lower coil over shock mounts, forward control arm mounting brackets, all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.
Using this kit requires the use of 1984 to 1987 Chevrolet Corvette suspension components.
Trying to decide which year Corvette components to use? Head over to our FAQ page for more information.
There are no reviews yet.