It is a proven fact.
Independent front and rear suspension systems provide superior ride and handling capabilities that are not available in straight axle style suspensions. That is why most modern late model cars and SUVs come equipped with independent suspension systems.
Not long ago IRS suspensions installed in early Hot Rods and Classic Trucks were reserved mostly for expensive “High End” exotic builds which were out of the reach of most. But today with the abundance of reasonably priced C4 Corvette components, there is no reason that the superior design and advanced handling and ride qualities provided by the Corvette suspension cannot be enjoyed by all. Not to mention the advantage that it just looks “Cool”. The all aluminum Corvette rear components can be Polished, Powder Coated or Painted to suit individual taste and add the detail that sets off an early Hot Rod Or Classic Truck.
Each Flat Out Engineering installation kit is designed to fit the specific frame of your vehicle and will provide the correct geometry, handling and anti-dive as it is on C4 Corvettes. Additionally, the kits retain the newer and stronger Corvette hub bearing and brake assemblies, making your vehicle an updated classic that will perform as good as it looks.
All kits are designed for use with coil-over shocks to ensure excellent ride quality. Aldan coil-over shocks are available for all applications.
This kit is designed to install a customer supplied 84-87 C4 Corvette Independent Rear Suspension in your 53-64 F100 Pickup or Panel. This kit retains all stock Corvette suspension geometry for unrivaled ride and handling.
This kit is a complete “Bolt On” installation requiring no cutting or welding for ease of installation by the average home hobbyist.
All Flat Out Engineering Products are proudly Made In The USA using the finest quality materials and workmanship.
- Designed to fit your stock frame specifically for ease of installation.
- Mounting brackets locate on many stock frame holes, but require some additional holes to be drilled.
- Provides the superior ride and cornering capabilities demanded by today’s street truck enthusiast.
- The Corvette rear suspension is designed for vehicles that weigh as much as your truck.
- The C4 Corvette rear suspension is extremely strong in either the Dana 36 or Dana 44 style rear end. Both were designed to handle the torque and horsepower demands imposed by a High Performance Corvette.
- We would be happy to advise you which style rear is the best for your individual needs.
- Our kit eliminates the stock Corvette rear spring to provide improved ride and cornering ability.
- Quality Adjustable Aldan Coil Over Shocks are available in a variety of spring rates for use with our kits. They are offered in Billet Aluminum Shocks with Black Powder Coated Springs, or Polished and Chrome varieties.
All kits include all bolt on style rear end mounting brackets, pinion mounting crossmember and pinion snubber bracket with urethane bushing, upper and lower coil over shock mounts, rear boxing plates, forward control arm mounting brackets, all necessary hardware and detailed installation instructions.
Using this kit requires the use of 1984 to 1987 Chevrolet Corvette suspension components.
Trying to decide which year Corvette components to use? Head over to our FAQ page for more information.